+ Reply to Thread
    dipti_hati is offline Junior Member

My Company DIdn't Pay me

I am H1-B COnsultant , My H1-B holder didn't pay me for Last two moths of work I did because I left the company.

I contacted DOL of WA(State of washington) as my employer is located there but I stay in NJ.

I want take go to court against them because I don't see anything coming out of DOL (Dept of Labor).

Please advice.
    Beth3 is offline Senior Member
    How long has it been since you filed the complaint with the DOL? Have you followed up with them to check on the status of your complaint?
    A person, who is nice to you, but rude to a waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)
    racer72 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dipti_hati
    I am H1-B COnsultant , My H1-B holder didn't pay me for Last two moths of work I did because I left the company.

I contacted DOL of WA(State of washington) as my employer is located there but I stay in NJ.

I want take go to court against them because I don't see anything coming out of DOL (Dept of Labor).

Please advice.

The DOL in Washington is the Department of Licensing. They issue driver's licenses etc. If that is who you contacted they cannot help you at all. You want the Department of Labor and Industries. If you worked in your state, not Washington, DL&I won't help you. You will have to contact your state's Department of Labor.
    If you feel my answer is rude, mean, snarky or in anyway not to your liking, I did my job. You don't need to tell me.

No private messages, I do not reply to them.
    dipti_hati is offline Junior Member
    It is more than 4 months , I inquired about the case yesterday and it seems the employee is not cooperating with DOL and I was told I may not get any compensastion.

1) This employer didn't pay for last two months I worked for him.

2) Didn't give my legal docs(H1-B copy) (I kept asking for it and they delayed it for some reason or orther)

3) Didn't give me my Health care Cobra Information after I left.

Please help
    racer72 is offline Senior Member
    Your problems are too specific for this forum. See a local attorney soon.
    If you feel my answer is rude, mean, snarky or in anyway not to your liking, I did my job. You don't need to tell me.

No private messages, I do not reply to them.