• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My compensation attorney dropped me!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdepronio

New York State: Buffalo

Ok, so I have had my comp attorney for 10 months, my case has been going fine, all medical and payments were ok, I have been approved for surgery (L-3, L-4 disk replacement, L-5/S-1 fusion) T-7/8 pending, Right hip Labrum tear pending. I showed concern regarding having surgery do to the lenghty recovery time, and a contract position I have been offered that would allow me to sit at a desk all day, and even though painful, it covers the bills better than comp.

So last week she indicated she dictated a "demand letter" for X amount of dollars, I voiced my concern about posible Personel Injury issues, that may allow for a greater recovery, and then sent several emails showing cause for such.

I get a reply: "Try to put all your questions in one email, I dont have all day to answer you"

I replied: "for 1/3 of my possible settlement, I think you could answer a fe emails"

I get a letter in the mail, "do to in-effective communication, our firm has made a descision to close your case"

SO NOW I need a really good, strong, aggressive firm to finish my case for me, thats not afraid of a client asking questions.

Anyone in Buffalo, NY?????? or Rochester??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
New York State: Buffalo

Ok, so I have had my comp attorney for 10 months, my case has been going fine, all medical and payments were ok, I have been approved for surgery (L-3, L-4 disk replacement, L-5/S-1 fusion) T-7/8 pending, Right hip Labrum tear pending. I showed concern regarding having surgery do to the lenghty recovery time, and a contract position I have been offered that would allow me to sit at a desk all day, and even though painful, it covers the bills better than comp.

So last week she indicated she dictated a "demand letter" for X amount of dollars, I voiced my concern about posible Personel Injury issues, that may allow for a greater recovery, and then sent several emails showing cause for such.

I get a reply: "Try to put all your questions in one email, I dont have all day to answer you"

I replied: "for 1/3 of my possible settlement, I think you could answer a fe emails"

I get a letter in the mail, "do to in-effective communication, our firm has made a descision to close your case"

SO NOW I need a really good, strong, aggressive firm to finish my case for me, thats not afraid of a client asking questions.

Anyone in Buffalo, NY?????? or Rochester??
This is not a legal referral site.

Dereks1

In the future, maintain good relations with lawyers. They can be impatient. They can be sloppy.

Remember, lawyers never offend judges.

In the same way, try to be very organized, think things through, then concisely communicate with your attorney. Some attorneys do not "hand hold" well. Think legally, such as legal concepts, deadlines, procedure, etc.

Good luck.

I am not an attorney nor am I part of the the Attorney Cheerleading Squad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">