+ Reply to Thread
    krazykruiser Guest

Question My employer wont file. What do I do?

What is the name of your state? N.C. Hello again. I am out of work for at least 6 wks due to a fractured foot. I fell on the sidewalk at work as I was leaving for the day. I have carried 2 notes from the Dr stateing my injuries and how long my absence will be. He has ignored them. He did tell me that he would call me and I could do something sitting down. He has not called me. This just happened last friday( Aug 6th). I downloaded form 18.do I file this on my own? He has not filed an injury claim #19. What do I do? I hate to sound so dumb but this is all new to me.
    Last edited by krazykruiser; 08-16-2004 at 12:07 PM.
    Beth3 is offline Senior Member
    If you just fell on Friday, it's not unreasonable for your employer not to have filed the First Report of Injury with their WC carrier. It's not even been a full work day yet.

Contact your employer mid-week and ask about the status of your WC claim. If you can't get an answer or they haven't yet filed it, then contact your State's Worker's Compensation Division.

P.S. Your employer has no obligation to provide you with sit-down work. They may yet however - it's only been one working day since you fell. It may take them a few days to figure out what they might have for you to do.