• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My employer wont file. What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krazykruiser

What is the name of your state? N.C. Hello again. I am out of work for at least 6 wks due to a fractured foot. I fell on the sidewalk at work as I was leaving for the day. I have carried 2 notes from the Dr stateing my injuries and how long my absence will be. He has ignored them. He did tell me that he would call me and I could do something sitting down. He has not called me. This just happened last friday( Aug 6th). I downloaded form 18.do I file this on my own? He has not filed an injury claim #19. What do I do? I hate to sound so dumb but this is all new to me. :confused:

Last edited:

Beth3

If you just fell on Friday, it's not unreasonable for your employer not to have filed the First Report of Injury with their WC carrier. It's not even been a full work day yet.

Contact your employer mid-week and ask about the status of your WC claim. If you can't get an answer or they haven't yet filed it, then contact your State's Worker's Compensation Division.

P.S. Your employer has no obligation to provide you with sit-down work. They may yet however - it's only been one working day since you fell. It may take them a few days to figure out what they might have for you to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">