• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mattwnh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH

I was hurt on a job back in 2001 (Construction related). I hired an attourney, we were able to go after the contractor and the General contractor. Findings were, The General Contractor had no insurance and lapsed (but he offered up a $5g settlement) cause here in the state of NH they can just go bankrupt and owe me nothing (So basically I signed off on the General Contractor) But, The contractor had insurance for only himself, but had nothing (no assets at all), We went to a workers comp hearing and was ruled 100% in my favor, But I haven't recieved a penny from the contractor, I have found that the contractor now owns a home and has personal assets now. Can I still go after him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">