• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Near Forklift Severe Injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skerzz1

What is the name of your state? California

I work at a hardware store and today I was almost crused by 4500+lbs of sheetrock. The driver asked me to grab the stickers to place under the sheetrock. We went inside and I was going to place them under the sheetrock, then he said "hold on lets move a little more forward". As he did this the fork lift tilted forward and sent all the sheetrock in my direction. If it would have happened when i was under there I would probably be dead. I am all shook up, been crying, no appetite, and dont think I can sleep tonight. I am afraid to go back into work tuesday. The driver had many complaints agaist his fork lift operations, yet this company hadnt revoked his liscence. I am making $7.50 an hour and it is not worth all this fear and distress I have gone through. Should I seek legal advice?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Legal advice for what? You can't sue for what might have happened. Yes, you MIGHT have been hurt, but you weren't. No case there.

It's entirely up to you whether you want to go back to work or not. Keep in mind that if you quit under these conditions, you will NOT be eligible for unemployment.

I'm not unsympathetic; I understand how scared you were and I don't blame you. But you need to understand the legal realities here, which is that what MIGHT have happened is irrelevant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">