• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoggs230

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I was injured at work.. the injury actually occured last season(construction)...this year when the season started i was experiencing great discomfort and lost feeling in my fingers...my employer sent me to the doctor who immediately removed me from work....when i spoke with the insurance company for workers compensation i was told by my employer that i could not tell them about the incedent last year....can i get in trouble if i tell the truth?

pattytx

No, but your employer could, and theoretically, that could run down the line.

Did you report the incident to them last year when it occurred?

pattytx

You cannot be fired legally for reporting a Work Comp claim. Having said that, though, bet they'd find another reason (even if it's a made-up one) to fire you and you'd have a long haul getting any money out of a lawsuit.

For expediency's sake and your health, will they pay for you to see a doctor now?

And hang on for further information from responders more expert in WC than I.

hoggs230

my concern is getting in touble with compensation or losing what little bit of money i am getting.....not really woried about being fired by my employer...they are trying to screw me over anyhow

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">