• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advise on Workers comp for PA.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jovifan

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My husband was hurt at work back in September. He had to have surgery on his hand. The DR said he will never get 100% of his hand back because he tore the tendents and they needed to be sewed back together. Pretty much when you point your fingers straight in the air, my husband will never be able to do that. My husband is in construction roofer and is working office work right now so workmen's comp is paying the medical only, which is fine. My husband is doing his therapy twice a week. My question is since my husband will not have 100% of his hand back, shouldn't Workmen's comp give him some type of settlement?.

Beth3

Yes. When your husband's doctor(s) agree that he has reached MMI (maximum medical improvement), he will be entitled to a permanent partial disability payment for any loss of functionality of his hand. The amount of money he receives will be determined by the degree of impairment to his hand as it relates to the formula specified in your State's WC regulations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">