• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advice!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babyseth

What is the name of your state? Ohio.. I am about to sign up for permanent total disability with Workman's Comp. I have been on Temporary Total. Had back surgery and it failed and I can not work. Since i was injured at work and I sign up for permanent disability can I now sue the company. I have been terminated at work.. Contract says 2 years and your terminated if you are off work.. They tried to settle with me right after surgery and I refuse in case it didn't work out I wanted them liable for the rest of my life for medical bills. What are my options now? Thanks!!

B

boatslady

workers comp doesn't answer these questions that is what a lawyer is for. Talking to workers comp is like talking to a fence post except the fence post don't lie unlike workers comp

I didnt' say you should SPEAK to the Workers' Comp. I was implying that the life long medical coverage can be obtained through Workers' Comp if the case has merit and is so awarded by the judge.

Beth3

babyseth, no, you cannot sue your employer on a worker's compensation issue. WC is your sole recourse. If you disagree with the terms of the settlement you're being offered to close your claim or you feel that there are benefits you are entitled to under your State's WC regulations that you haven't received, you may file for a hearing with your State's Worker's Compensation Division.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">