• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need some advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phychz

My friend and I live in South Carolina, and today he got into an on the job accident caused by a fellow employee set up a piece of equipment incorrectly. This caused the machine to crash into my friend's face when he walked by.

He had to have surgery, which the company paid for. But he's now missing two of his back teeth. The only people that know about this accident currently are himself, the guy that caused it, and the manager of the company.

It seems to me that an accident such as this should leave him with quite a bit of financial gain if he were to sue the company. However, he doesn't know if he wants to because his mother has worked for the company for 25years, and his brother for 8. He says that if he takes the company to court, they would both be fired for the hostility.

I wasn't sure what to tell my friend. If anyone has any advice as to what he should do, please let me know.

Last edited:

Banned_Princess

the company definitely can, and probably will fire his mom and brother if he takes them to court. thats not illegal.

would he rather keep a job which appears to be steady and permanent, or get a one time pay day that causes his whole family to lose their income.

the choice is his. he's not going to get a million dollars.

if he wants to he can contact a lawyer about this, but again, he has more to lose then he has to gain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">