• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no longer work for company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Just lost

What is the name of your state? PA
9-4-02 injury occured. Someone ran into me with their cart., injured my knee and rib/back area. (Company chose the Dr.)
Company Dr. took X-rays of ribs, not broken. Drs orders are aleeve and heat, for both areas. He did not recommend light duty, which in my opinion; lifting, stretching, bending and pushing a 300+ pound cart, I should have been put on light duty. Temporarily. I have since resigned, job is too dangerous.
My ?'s Company gave me paper of my rights under w/c, it says(I have the right to choose which of the listed providers will treat you for your work injury or illness). I asked my co. rep. if I could see another Dr. that is listed under the 6 providers listed and she said no. Which do I believe?
Am I still able to get benefits under this injury, even though I no longer wrok for the co.
I would really like to get a second opinion, to see if I should have any kind of therapy. I am still having bad pain.
I am afraid down the road I will still be having problems and w/c won't cover it.
HELP
Just lost

Beth3

An employer retains liabilty for a illness or injury caused in their workplace even after employment ends.

Now as it relates to freedom of choice for doctors, I'm afraid I can't answer that. My State's WC reg's allows the employee to chose their own physician. Some States' WC reg's allow the employer to dictate who the provider is. I'm guessing PA is one of those States. You can contact the PA Division of Worker's Compensation to find out for certain and ask what the employer's responsibility is if you see a doctor of our own choosing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">