• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No new hire paperwork or paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mca8899

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I went to work for a company about a month ago. From the beginning something was...off. The day I was supposed to fill out new hire paperwork I was sent home. I was never asked to fill out the paperwork again. I was given a schedule so I came to work, but I was never given a number to clock in or out with. I kept manually writing down my hours to give to my immediate supervisor. Now.. a month later.. I am getting the run around on a paycheck. There is always an excuse every time I go there to ask for my check. Needless to say.. I left the employer, but I still haven't been paid, and the way they treated me was unprofessional.. and I think illegal. Please help

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You're in one of the worst possible states for this but you are not without options. You can file a complaint with the US DOL for unpaid wages, but they will only support minimum wage plus any overtime you might have worked. Your other option is small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">