• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No notification for closing WC case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lzurinsky

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I was injured by shoulder on the job 06/2009. I went to the work clinic and they recommended therapy. After a while I was authorized to see my own doctor. So from then on I went to my own doctor and he had given shots that I could only get every 3 months. I went in October 09 and again in Feb 10. When I tried to go in May the WC case manager would not approve me to go and said that my case was closed. I received no notification and she said they do not send them. She had scheduled me for another opinion saying my injury was not work related. I could not go for the visit because I was taking care of my father (he was terminally ill) My father and 2 other family members have past. Since then I received a bill from the doctor for Feb 09 visit. I called my WC manager and she will send me for another opinion but if that doctor feels it is not work related then she will not pay the bill. The case was closed Oct 09. I am not sure what to do? I will go for the other opinion but not sure what the law is on this situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">