• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No rating 1 week before hearing.....what do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

IAMOKAY

MISSOURI here.......I was injured 2 years ago. Case has been closed for a year now. I hired a lawyer so that we could get the appropriate settlement because WC was not working with me at all. Well it's 6 days before I go for my hearing on 5 open cases and my lawyer writes me and tells me that the rating on my injured back is 0% per the WC doctor. This rating has been known for a year now and we are just now finding it out. Now I have no time to get an IME to get another rating estimate. What do I do now? The Attorney General that works these cases is trying to tell my lawyer that instead of me going to another doctor that he thinks they can get some compensation on my back without having to fight back and forth with a different doctor but that the compensation would be minimal. First of all, what can I do since WC waited until 6 days to tell me that I had 0% rating from their doctor and can they encourage me to NOT see another doctor to get an appropriate rating? Will I ever get compensated for the 3 herniated discs that I have since they never allowed me to see another doctor? I am both worried and scared because to this day my back hurts every single day and there are so many things that I can no longer do due to this injury. I got hurt working at a Maximum Security Forensic Hospital dealing with aggressive, psych patients and the WC doctor is telling me that my back injury is not related to work and that there is nothing wrong with me. I wake up every morning crying because I can't sit up and I have to roll out of bed. There isn't a doctor around that will do anything to help me because I got hurt in a WC case. Do I have any rights in this case? What do I do to make sure that I get compensated for an injury that will affect me the rest of my life? I am a nurse and I am VERY limited in what I can do to take care of my patients. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am really lacking time to decide what to do since my hearing is in 6 days. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">