• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no security cams for six months, i was beaten to near death in the bathroom at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

velo_horizon

Idaho : main points are,
night auditor for hotel, beaten and strangled in public bathroom while on the clock, no memory b/c of head injuries, blood drops everywhere shows bleeding before i hit the ground. pics at http://www.remoteviewing.tk click "sneak attack".

police asked for security camera tapes, they found out there had been no working cameras for approx. six months. is the hotel in any legal hot water ? do they need security camera tapes for their type of business?

the police have done nothing, i suppose b/c they had no leads.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

velo_horizon said:
Idaho : main points are,
night auditor for hotel, beaten and strangled in public bathroom while on the clock, no memory b/c of head injuries, blood drops everywhere shows bleeding before i hit the ground. pics at http://www.remoteviewing.tk click "sneak attack".

police asked for security camera tapes, they found out there had been no working cameras for approx. six months. is the hotel in any legal hot water ? do they need security camera tapes for their type of business?

the police have done nothing, i suppose b/c they had no leads.

My response:

What did you do - - piss off some little old lady?

I answered you in your duplicate (poor form) post. By the way - - who's the chubby ugly chick in your pictures?

IAAL

Last edited:
V

velo_horizon

chubby?

i know thats poor form, i'm a veteran of many forums. i needed to be sure it was responded to and i was not sure what category it fit under,

chubby chick?? thats the uniformed nurse

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

velo_horizon said:
i know thats poor form, i'm a veteran of many forums. i needed to be sure it was responded to and i was not sure what category it fit under,

chubby chick?? thats the uniformed nurse

My response:

No. You need to read carefully. I said, "chubby ugly chick".

IAAL

V

velo_horizon

all women

all women in the "sneak attack" page are nurses and or brain analysis women, any female at any other part of the site is either family (all slim( or artwork,

What is it that you want to do ? It doesn't matter if the hotel should have had a working camera or not, unless of course, you are thinking of suing your employer. Since when did it become a law that a company must have security camera on premise...? I am sorry this horrible incident happened to you, but what exactly do you want to do about it? At this point, start your paperwork to file for Workers' Compensation benfits if your injuries may prevent you from returning to work for some time. Your injury could be physical and mental, so cover all grounds. You may even end up applying for social security disability in the future, so it's important to get your medical records straight starting right now.

Now, if you want to find a way to blame and sue your employer for any part of this incident, so that you can get a settlement and quit your job, I think you would need to offer more relevant details for a lawyer to be able to assist you. But of course, that could get very long....and who's got the time...

Beth3

Not only is your employer not required to have security cameras in the restrooms, they could well be in trouble if they do. This could easily constitute an invasion of privacy as individuals have a very valid expectation of NOT being filmed or viewed in certain areas considered to be private - a restroom, a changing room, a locker room, etc. - unless they are specifically notified to the contrary.

Your employer would be well-advised to have security cameras in public areas however, as well as take reasonable security measures appropriate for the hotel industry. If, for example, hotel rooms/keys aren't secure and a guest is assaulted or worse, they could be looking at a HUGE lawsuit.

Since this happened on the job, your sole recourse is worker's compensation. You cannot sue your employer even IF it could be determined they were negligent - which isn't the case here as it can't be established that having working security cameras would have prevented the attack. It might have made it easier to identify and apprehend your attacker however. If the police ever apprehend someone though, you can sue the pants off the person who did this to you however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">