• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non work related injury rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skralogy

I live in california. A couple of weeks ago I injured my wrist during a basketball game and called my work to request 2 days off so I don't agravate it any further. On my second day off my boss ordered me to come into work and pick up a form and then go to the doctor to have it checked out. I don't have insurance and since my wrist was already almost healed I pleaded that I should be fine to work the next day. Despite my plea they ordered me to get the form filled out by a doctor. So I did and the doctor found nothing wrong and wrote that I should have a 10 pound lifting limit. it cost me $223 and the next day I returned to work with my wrist almost completly healed. Yesterday my boss ordered me to go back to the doctor to fill out another form. I explained there is no need, I feel no pain and I only went the first time because they ordered me to. I was told by a couple of employees that an employer has to wait 3 days before ordering an employee to go to the doctor. Is this true? And if so. What recourse do I have, can I be compensated for my visit?
If anybody could help me I would greatly appreciate it. And if you can direct me to a place where I can print out the laws to show my employer it would be very helpful.

pattytx

Your employee buddies are wrong. There is no such law. Hence, there is nowhere to direct you and nothing you can print out.

See now why the employer wanted you to see a doctor? You have a lifting limit and, depending on what type of job you have, a work restriction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">