• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure if im being dooped...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lare9305

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
I injured my back at work as a merchandiser. It was in a customer's stockroom which was crowded and only allowed standing room to move 50+ lbs of product. I couldn't use ergonomics to get the job done and I'm the end result I ended up straining muscles in my lower back and they also found a collapsed disk I'm the same part. I never had back problems before this job and when I had enough space to lift properly I would but in this situation I couldn't. I couldn't walk for three days after the injury and could barely move. Since the workers comp doctor doesn't specialize in backs he says I have to find a neurosurgeon and pay with my private insurance in order for them to figure out if my disk collapsed because of work. There was a safety committee that reviewed my incident and said that I was at fault for my injury. I reported the stock room issues to my manager. He was even in the stock room the day before and saw for himself. But he still sent me to do the job even harassed me about my time. I feel like my job is trying to convince me that it was my fault. They overed me to appeal and I want to know if it's a worthy appeal? What are my rights? Can work blame me for an injury? Or do they have to take responsibility for sending me to do the job anyways? I have so many questions and I'm afraid of losing my job.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
I injured my back at work as a merchandiser. It was in a customer's stockroom which was crowded and only allowed standing room to move 50+ lbs of product. I couldn't use ergonomics to get the job done and I'm the end result I ended up straining muscles in my lower back and they also found a collapsed disk I'm the same part. I never had back problems before this job and when I had enough space to lift properly I would but in this situation I couldn't. I couldn't walk for three days after the injury and could barely move. Since the workers comp doctor doesn't specialize in backs he says I have to find a neurosurgeon and pay with my private insurance in order for them to figure out if my disk collapsed because of work. There was a safety committee that reviewed my incident and said that I was at fault for my injury. I reported the stock room issues to my manager. He was even in the stock room the day before and saw for himself. But he still sent me to do the job even harassed me about my time. I feel like my job is trying to convince me that it was my fault. They overed me to appeal and I want to know if it's a worthy appeal? What are my rights? Can work blame me for an injury? Or do they have to take responsibility for sending me to do the job anyways? I have so many questions and I'm afraid of losing my job.
Did your employer fill out an accident/injury report?

You were sent to be examined by a workers compensation doctor - but did you see a neurosurgeon as advised by this doctor?

You were denied workers compensation and now you are thinking of appealing the decision?

I suggest you see an attorney in your area for a review of the accident and your injury and your employer's report of it. Also reviewed should be the doctor's assessment of your injury and the workers compensation claim and denial. The attorney you see will be better able to tell you if you have good reason to appeal.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">