• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JINX2053

What is the name of your state? virgina.
I was injured on the job in 1996, it was a good while ago i'll admit. my question is that the injury, while treated and covered by workers comp, is permanent. I tried to file a claim in 98 with the insurance company, they told me that there is a time limit to filing any claims and that any chance to make a claim has expired. is this true? and if I am eligible for any compensation what would be the best route for seeking it?

Beth3

If you want an exact answer, you're going to need to discuss your situation with a VA WC expert (such as an attorney) but my take on it is that your WC claim was paid and closed nearly a decade ago. You would have been compensated back then for any permanent partial impairment the doctors involved had assessed you would be left with. For a variety of reasons, I expect it's far too late and not feasible to reopen this claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">