• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

osha and w/c

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DAYNA22

What is the name of your state?colorado
I was a work when the painters used and exterior paint for an interior surface, without any way to vent the fumes. At least 4 people went to the ER with headaches, dizziness, double vision and trouble breathing. W/C sent letter to me advising the employer has "general admission of liability". Where do I go from here? My W/C Dr. shows me as reaching "MMI - Maximum Medical Improvement", but I still have symtoms and my personal Dr. says this will affect my asthma for up to 1 month. Are the painters and employer both responsible for out injuries? :confused:

pattytx

You need to deal with your employer (I'm assuming the painters were subcontractors, not employees of your company). Whether the painters have any liability or not is between them and your employer only.

D

DAYNA22

Your reply was that it was between the employer and sub contracted painters. Would they have to pay part of the w/c? What about the time off.

pattytx

Dayna, not your problem, not your issue. You as the employee work with the employer, period. Your employer appears to have taken general responsibility. That's what you want. You have no claim against the subcontractors; you are not their employee. If the employer wants to involve them (or not) that is not your call. Forget about the painters!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">