• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outrageuos behavior by insurer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobertAmerault

Injured in Guam law 1 Nov 1991
Spinal injury

My insurer has for years forced me to buy "Black market"medicines to save money, it is documented and happened many times.
Now I have just discovered this medicine to be toxic, but the toxin has not been determined.

The insurer is now providing the prescribed medicine without substitution from a proper source, and paying for diagnostic testing for the bad medicine.

Would this behavior by my insurer be considered "So Extreme and Outrageuos as to exceed all Bounds of Decency"

I would like to have the protection of exclusivity waived on my insurer so I may bring action for this incident.

History of this case

Compensation commission desribes

Past actions of insurer as "tantamount to bad faith"

and I documented many other instinces of bad faith

behavior by my insurer over the past 10yrs.

This latest one has very serious long term health issues.

Regards

Robert H. Amerault

tranquility

My insurer has for years forced me to buy "Black market"medicines to save money, it is documented and happened many times.
Now I have just discovered this medicine to be toxic, but the toxin has not been determined.
At least two issues here. The first is the "forced" issue and the second is the undetermined toxin. Hard times, give proof.
The insurer is now providing the prescribed medicine without substitution from a proper source, and paying for diagnostic testing for the bad medicine.

Would this behavior by my insurer be considered "So Extreme and Outrageuos as to exceed all Bounds of Decency"
My suspicion is, NO. But, I don't know the medicine or the problem. My GUESS is that a doctor will not prescribe a medication which has been determined to cause harm.

I would like to have the protection of exclusivity waived on my insurer so I may bring action for this incident.

History of this case

Compensation commission desribes

Past actions of insurer as "tantamount to bad faith"

and I documented many other instinces of bad faith

behavior by my insurer over the past 10yrs.

This latest one has very serious long term health issues.
Many legal, factual and logical issues here.

The forum is not a philosophical discussion. It is the real world assessment of issues.

What happened?

justalayman

I have to ask: how did your insurance company force you to buy black market medicine? Unless they have reps making house calls, I just don't see them forcing you to do much of anything.

well, how did they force you to buy the black market medicine?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">