• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overpayment in pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shibar1986

What is the name of your state? PA
hi i am in need of some advice about the above topic... If I am found to have been overpaid for uc benefits in pa.. how does it go... Will I go to JAIL...I have the money to pay the overpayment basck.. I just dont want to go to jail....I am so afarid I dont even know why I did it.. Because i NEVER USED THE MONEY i STILL HAVE IT...This first time ever getting uc benefits.....and I dont want to go to jail..please anyone any advice

racer72

You won't go to jail. You did nothing against the law. Let those that need to know about the overpayment and pay it back.

shibar1986

i was already receiving u/c benefits but I started working one month before they were scheduled to end...A friend of mine told me that i would not receive u/c benefits next year if i still had money in the account for the previous year...so what i did was got the money and put away so incase it wasnt mine i would be contacted and it could be returned.. I didnt intend to decieve anyone, I was not in a need of the money hence I still have it i and I was not trying to gain anything by it...I simply did not know what to do....I just want to return it..if they never want me to file ever again I am fine with tht as well**************

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">