• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overtime Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcordero

New York

I started a new job as a Supervisor. My salary is about $63K a year, and I do not receive overtime pay. When I accepted the position, I was told that I would be not getting overtime pay, even if I have to work late hours, and I am working extremely late hours, even weekends. Is that legal? Am I entitled to overtime pay anyway? I appreciate any help on this subject, thanks.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are legitimately classified as exempt (and if you are a supervisor it is extremely likely that you are) there are NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER in which you are entitled by law to anything beyond your salary.

The flip side is that except in VERY limited circumstances, you get your full salary no matter how many hours you work. If you only work 20 hours one week, you still get your full salary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">