• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

P&S reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sackfh

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

I work for a large HMO in CA in which I handle worker compensation correspondence, etc. My title is Medical Secretary. The problem is that I am drafting Permanent and Stationary (ghost writing) reports for physicians who are not familiar with worker comp. laws. I try to summarize the patient's information and ask the appropriate questions for the doctors to respond to; but unfortunately they do not have the knowledge to answer these questions and therefore I am left guessing what to do. I have brought this up to my manager, their manager and etc. It doesn't seem to be a concern to them. In the meantime I am left stressed out trying to do these reports. Also, when I am gone ill or on vacation, there is absolutely no coverage, so nothing gets taken care of. I have been in workers comp for approx. 10 years, but there has been no new training regarding the new worker comp laws (just e-mails). I have also tried to get my Union involved; however, that was a lost cause. I am at my wits ends and don't know where to turn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">