• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permanent disability due to repetetive stress syndrome

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m30

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a WC claim open and I've been following therapy for nearly a year with minimal impovement. The insurance company told me that they're awarding a PD (permanent disability) compensation and that they're going to pay me 10% of my current salary. I'm thinking of choosing the stip alternative where I'll be paid every few weeks vs getting a lump sum. My personal evaluation is that the impairment is more in the 25 - 35% range since the pain sets in within 30 - 45 min of my workday (I work with computers).

My questions:

- Is the award typical or fair?
- How long will the money be paid?
- Should I consider an attorney to ensure I'm getting treated fairly? Or is there little that can be done in WC cases?

Thanks in advance

W

Willlyjo

Did your PTP put your condition at Permanent and Stationary? Did he do the P & S report that you can have rated? What is the Insurance Company basing their PD assessment on? You need to post more information so that someone can answer your concerns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">