• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permanent disability in the left foot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eidevall

What is the name of your state? California

I´m a Swedish Law Consultant for a Swedish client who got injured when he was working in California on a farm.

In a machine, which was not safe (neither had the employer been giving any instructions to the employees on how to avoid injuries from the machines at the farm), my client´s left foot got smashed.

He went to the doctor that the employer sent him too, but the employer, and also told my client to do so, lied to everyone about how the injury occured. The insurance paid for all the surgery´s in US and my client tought the foot was going to be fine.

But when he got back to Sweden and saw a doctor a while after it was no doubt that the damage on the left foot was permanent, and he got a disability certificate as proof.

My question is therefore, how do you get disability money from your employer in California? Is there any other money to get?

The injury took place summer 2002, but the disability wasn´t discovered until 2004.

Please say if you need more information to evaluate my case and I will post it.

BB2002

More Information

When was the last date of treatment on the original claim in California?

Did you receive any kind of impairment in California?

Will you come back to US if requested?

eidevall

When was the last date of treatment on the original claim in California?

In September 2003.

Did you receive any kind of impairment in California?

Yes, but my client thought it was not going to be permanent, but it was. This was discovered when he came back to Sweden again, and he has a disability proof in English if that will help.

Will you come back to US if requested?

Yes, no doubt my client is willing to travel to have this case settled

Thanks for showing interest in this case BB2002, it would be great if someone more also would be willing to help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">