• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petty? or is it just me???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scottdavis71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? (MINNESOTA)

4 years ago, I was in a rehabilitation program who I will name because I am stating facts and the freedom of speech should allow me to, and perhaps it will help you with any advice you might have.

I am talking about the Salvation Army (S.A.). Ultimately, I believe the mission of the organization is indeed good. A few bad apples in my opinion, but here goes...

To fund my "rehab" I would work 40 hours a week to pay for my stay this includes meals, bed, counseling services. They force you to apply for county assisted medical coverage and food stamps that the salvation army collects to feed you. While working one day I was processing a box of donations and sliced my finger open pretty well on a knife that was in a box. I was forced to go to a hospital and have it looked at.

I never got stitches or anything special, just a 90 minute wait in urgent care and some butterfly tape. I received a bill 2 weeks later, and asked the staff at the S.A. who encouraged me to take it to the administrative offices and let so-and-so file it with workers comp. I did, and a month later I received the bill in the mail again. Took it back to the office and was told again " Don't worry about it we'll take care of it" A month later same thing, this went on for the 6 months I spent there.

4 Years later, as I have been unemployed for 3 months now and only grossed $10,000 last year entitled me to decent federal and state tax returns. I got a letter from the state of Minnesota yesterday that my state return was garnished because of this delinquent bill.

I get nowhere with the S.A. the hospital claims that can't or won't retract their actions (nor should they) But I am at a loss as to what to do, this is happening right after my former employer has neglected to pay me for over 100 hours labor from this past December, so this $400 State return was pretty important to me and the other 3 mouths to feed in our home.

I don't want to take legal action but are there any magical words I can say to the S.A. to shake things up? or do I just take this one too on the chin? Please and Thanks!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">