• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tanner94

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pa I was hurt over a year ago at work and treated with a occupational medicene (concentra). I was released back to full duty in November and was immediately laid-off. i began drawing unemployement as the insurance company did not pay workers comp if I wasn't "employed". Three months latter they began denying my claims saying I Had a new injury sholveing snow. So I sued them for reinstatement. Of course all they want to do is settle. So we agreed on an amount and shook hands. I did not sign anything. Now im thinking about it and I feel like I made a bad decision. Im still in pain from doing hardly nothing. Can I still decide not to sign? They also want me to sign a resignation letter. If I sign I can no longer collect unemployement; right? Can UC come back on me and make me pay back the comp I had thus recieved? I have to sign in twelve days; what should I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">