• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help not sure what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiredofgame

What is the name of your state? PA

I was injured about 5 years ago as a volunteer...since they I have a fantastic attorney...and have been awarded my comp and medical bills paid. Due to the injury i cannot drive for long distance so my friend has had to take off work quite a bit to take me to IME's, Doc's, attorneys, court, etc....in the meantime he started an in home business to try to compensate for the time lost at work. I help him some with answering telephones, some emails, some admin work and occasionally i will go to parties with him (parties for the business). The business is solely his and the only ties I have are the bills I have helped him pay and the money I have given him. HOWEVER, the ins. co's attorney claims that I am fraudelant due to the claim I have and i am working. I offered a settlement, frankly I am TIRED of the games but they came back with an offer of less than half with 'no room to move'. I have until tomorrow morning to make my decision on this settlement which includes NO medical, and I am still in a ton of pain...afterall I am typing from my 'friends' laptop in my bed. And if I decide to take the offer I must sign off on it BY monday morning...LESS THAN ONE WEEK FROM NOW!. Any suggestions? Please help...I dont' see what i am doing wrong or how I am violating any laws...I have NO income other than my comp...and I still have a lot of pain and it is NOT getting any better!
Thanks in advance,
tiredofgame!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">