• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help..unbelievable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjamm1972

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
In late Feb. I was hurt at work. I am a server at a restaurant. A big, metal ice machine lid was broke and fell on my foot. I went to ER and Dr. there said it could POSSIBLY have a small fracture. Turns out, I guess it didnt.BUT it was still hurt..badly. My employer sent me to an orthapedic surgeon who lookeed at my foot for 5 minutes and said I was ok. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY FOOT!!!! He said I could go back to work. Since Feb. I have received $28.00 from WC. I have lost my home, electric shut off, etc., Ive had to move 5 hours away, just to have a place to live. I have tried n tried to talk to my employers and WC, but I swear they r so rude.I told them I need an MRI done and the guy from ins company told me..."TOO BAD". they were not doing anything else for me. Am I crazy?? Is this a normal practice?? What can I do??? Anything? please help!!

swalsh411

Your foot has been hurting you and you've been unable to work since february and you've only been to one doctor one time?

edit: You can't just demand that they pay for an MRI, but what you can do is get a second opinion.

Last edited:

Master Moron1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
In late Feb. I was hurt at work. I am a server at a restaurant. A big, metal ice machine lid was broke and fell on my foot. I went to ER and Dr. there said it could POSSIBLY have a small fracture. Turns out, I guess it didnt.BUT it was still hurt..badly. My employer sent me to an orthapedic surgeon who lookeed at my foot for 5 minutes and said I was ok. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY FOOT!!!! He said I could go back to work. Since Feb. I have received $28.00 from WC. I have lost my home, electric shut off, etc., Ive had to move 5 hours away, just to have a place to live. I have tried n tried to talk to my employers and WC, but I swear they r so rude.I told them I need an MRI done and the guy from ins company told me..."TOO BAD". they were not doing anything else for me. Am I crazy?? Is this a normal practice?? What can I do??? Anything? please help!!
You need to a see a different doctor. The thing you have to understand is that medicine is a business. If the doctor you saw was being paid by your employer then they're going to say that the injury isn't serious and isn't workplace related. I would go see a lawyer first before you see another doctor.

st-kitts

Did you quit or were you fired? Illinois (along with Texas and Ohio) have some of the most stringent WC laws in the country. If the insurance company told you "too bad" it may be that the medical records simply do not support your claim of ongoing pain...

Yu could get a second opinion. If there was a fracture that the first two doctors "didn't see" your WC case could reopen. And with minimal exceptions, an employee in Illinois can not be terminated when they have an active WC case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">