• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

poision at the work place

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mad@system

What is the name of your state?ca

1991 I was working late an employee decided to spray a can of raid until it was empty, no open windows. Everyone got upset, the following day I started getting headahces, day after that I was in emergency room with reporstory proplems, asthma attack ( i didn't have astms at the time). I ended up in ICU for entire week on 24 hour watch. After being released I went to a workmans comp doctor, who instructed the company it was not a good eviroment for me to work in and especaillay under the cold vents, I had serval asthma attacks after going to emergency room, only happening at work. The doctor instructed the compnay to supply me with any medication I need for the future along with treatments, they closed the case. Now my question is I permently have asthma now and phyiscal activety will tigger it off. I was getting my inhaler paid for for years, asap I stop attending Kaiser I no longer get my inhalers paid for, is there something I can do? I hate living with this asthma, it effects me in every way of my life. Is there anything I can do? Not to mention I have a hypo thyroid, so i've gain weight, trying to loose it is extremely hard due to my asthma. :eek:

Beth3

There are two key questions no one here can answer: (1) can you reopen a worker's comp claim that's 13 years old, and (2) if you can, can it be medically established that the asthma and related problems you're having today are a result of a co-worker spraying the can of Raid in 1991.

I suspect you have an uphill battle on your hands (and perhaps an impossible one) but the place to start is to consult with a WC attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">