• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Comp Issue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MamaMaria

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I ended up with a Staph infection that I believe I got at work because of the type of work that I do. I work with Rodent Droppings, and I clean very public areas. When you end up with a disease from work, what steps do you have to take to submit your case?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When you went to your employer and asked them how to submit a workers comp claim, what did they say?

Billy V

First step is to file a claim with your employer ~ the first step of this is to notify them that you have been injured at work.

Post back with these results.

commentator

Staph infection where? Was there an injury or an incident where you cut yourself? If so, did you report this injury to your employer? Staph comes from an infection on a surface, generally when it as been introduced into the system through a cut or tear in the skin.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">