• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PPD evaluation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boots3342

Nevada

I suffered an on the job injury on June 1, 2005 and subsequently had back surgery on June 21, 2005.

I was off work about 2 months and recieving workmans comp payments. I did return to work however I still have a lot of pain in my legs and lower back.

Our workmans comp insurer set up an appointment for to see my surgeon on Nov 15, 2005.

In yesterdays mail I recieved a letter from our workmans comp co. stating that my surgeon said that I might have some "permanent residual impairment".
Now workmans comp has sent me a list of Doctors that I may chose from to have permanent partial disability evaluation.

Questions....
1) Should I retain an attorney?
2) If after the evaluation I do recieve a PPD rating, can I still work?
3) Could this have an adverse affect on my Social Security benefits?

I will be 64 years old in March of 2006 and I have just applied for my Social Security benefits which are scheduled to begin Jan 1, 2006 and will be starting a small owner/operator business to supplement my Social Security benefits in March 2006.

4) Would a PPD rating affect owning and operating a small transport business after retirement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">