• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnancy precluding treatment of WC injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

_trublu_

South Carolina

Hello, all! I have been on WC since May of 2003 for an injury to my knee resulting from a fall at my job. (I was a technician and fell while repairing telephone wires.)

When I went for treatment it was discovered that I was pregnant. After seeing me and trying PT on my knee the orthopoedist concluded that the only option for treatment was surgery. This was impossible because of my pregnancy.

I had my baby in March and surgery was scheduled. I also went on Birth Control pills AND my husband and I have been using condoms so that we wouldn't conceive before the surgery could be performed. Surgery was postponed twice (once because my knee gave out and I fell down some steps and once because the doctor had an emergency and cancelled). Next surgery was scheduled for the first part of November.

Well, we just found out that I'm pregnent again. :eek:

I'm delighted to be pregnant, but terrified that the WC people will cut me off, or worse, think that I did this ON PURPOSE.

I have been living in constant pain since May of last year and was so looking forward to getting my (insert curse word of your choice) knee fixed. We've been really struggling on the WC benefits plus I can't drive or move around much. :mad:

Thank you in advance for any advice and sorry that this sounds like a bloody soap opera!

T

_trublu_

fast said:
Is why you cannot drive related to your other post?
No. Bending my knee is very painful, subsequently I cannot drive even an automatic very far (your knee flexes as you move the ball of your foot up and down on the accelerator). i can drive to the closest little town in emergencies but no farther.

T

_trublu_

tjr5150 said:
even know you fell down cause you knee gave out was no reason you could not have your surgery
This decision was not made by me. :rolleyes:

I sprained my left ankle badly as well as deeply lacerating and taking all the skin off my right knee. The ortho would not operate with that open wound. This is common practice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">