• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about CMI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swinson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama
I was in a car accident at my workplace, I was driving a customers car into a oil bay for a oil chage. While backing out of a parking space in a very large truck which I could not see behind me completly, because of blind spots, I hit another customer's car. This car had damage to it, on the passenger side door. Managers were notified and the police also wrote up a report. I was given a drug test because it was consider an accident, which was no problem. I also had to write a statement for the incident. Alot of paper work was filled out, pictures were taken and the incident was turned over to CMI by Walmart. Does anyone know what happens next. Am I protected in anyway by my employer?

ecmst12

Protected from what exactly? Your employer could definitely fire you for this. But their insurance should cover the damage to the cars.

swinson

CMI Walmart

I know that I could be fired for this, although I was told that I would not be. This of course still remains to be seen. I wanted to know if I was protectec under Walmart employee accident insurance.

ecmst12

Yes, you should be protected from a lawsuit if you were acting in the capacity of your employment.

ecmst12

Most likely you won't be involved in it from here on UNLESS a lawsuit is filed, which is unlikely since your employer should take care of the damages.

Of course it is not uncommon to sue the person in their personal capacity for such suits.

Your employer may provide you with consul but they are not obligated to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">