• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question About Weekly Payment From Insurance Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Malloy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I have been out on Comp coming up on a year. 6 weeks ago Sedgewick received a report from my Dr. returning me to work (I have been on light duty since the accident). I had no idea that this had happened until the claims examiner called and said not to cash the check that was issued. Anyway I called the Dr. and it turned out there was another patient there with the same last name and the Dr. had gotten it confused. He sent the revised paperwork to my employer, insurance co and wcb the very next day. I called claims examiner and have never received a response back. My employer had it all straightened out on there end but still have not received any payments from insurance company and it looks like when i look up my case online that it is showing normal returned to work. When can I expect payments to resume and how do I get the insurance company to answer my calls? I am running out of money at this point and don't know what to do all because of a doctor making an error!

Ladyback1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I have been out on Comp coming up on a year. 6 weeks ago Sedgewick received a report from my Dr. returning me to work (I have been on light duty since the accident). I had no idea that this had happened until the claims examiner called and said not to cash the check that was issued. Anyway I called the Dr. and it turned out there was another patient there with the same last name and the Dr. had gotten it confused. He sent the revised paperwork to my employer, insurance co and wcb the very next day. I called claims examiner and have never received a response back. My employer had it all straightened out on there end but still have not received any payments from insurance company and it looks like when i look up my case online that it is showing normal returned to work. When can I expect payments to resume and how do I get the insurance company to answer my calls? I am running out of money at this point and don't know what to do all because of a doctor making an error!
Getting them to answer all of your calls? MUHAHAHAHAHA....:p

They aren't going to answer all of your calls. They may not answer any of your calls.

If you are still waiting on Sedgwick CMS to start paying, then you may wait a long time. I *KNOW* the company very well;). Contact your state's division of Work Comp, advise them of situation. I strongly suggest that you at least consider consulting with an attorney (make sure the attorney specializes in work comp). If you do a little research online about Sedgwick CMS, you will find that people have had numerous issues w/ the company as it relates to timely payments, timely response to correspondence and/or telephone calls, etc. Basically, from all that I have read, Sedgwick CMS seems to behave as if they are above state policies/procedures, and they sometimes don't treat people well and with respect (again based on all that I have read).

Malloy

Thank you Ladyback1 for your response at least I know I am not the only one having a problem with them! I already knew that they ran things pretty poorly from 3 times a payment "getting lost in the mail" to the examiner going on vacation and "forgetting" to issue payment. The only time they were quick to respond to me was when she told me not to cash a check that was sent out with a wrong amount lol - It is crazy to me that a company can run this way...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">