• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about workers comp and disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jjcje

What is the name of your state?SC
Hi, I am currently out on workers comp from the usps. They (DOL) are trying to terminate my compensation because now my back injury is a degenerative one not related to my work injury. My question is, is there any kind of disability that i can file for if they terminate my workers comp benefits? My Dr will not let me work yet but i cannot sit around forever without some kind of income coming in. Any advice would be appreciated

ellencee

jjcje
You may qualify for Social Security Disability benefits if the condition is expected to last a year or more, at which time your paperwork may be completed and approved (lol). Does not the USPS have insurance with short-term disability benefits which progress to long-term benefits? If so, you should start with those benefits.

If your degenerative condition was aggravated as a direct result of your work-related injury and as a continuing process remains aggravated and is preventing your return to work, I believe it remains a workers comp issue until such time as the degenerative condition returns to its 'normal' state and allows you to return to work. Your MD should be able to submit documentation that correlates the issues and clarifies that ongoing care and absence from work is directly the result of the work-related injury.

EC

B

babyseth

Worked for me

This happened to me. I had a degenerated condition and when I got hurt the injury aggrivated it so my claim was allowed under these conditions. If you can get your doctor to state this then your claim will be allowed.. :)

J

jjcje

Thanks

:) Thank you both for your advice!! It is greatly appreciated!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">