• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rate of weekly wc pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SingleDave

What is the name of your state? California.

I was injured in Nov. 2002 and continued to work at regular duty up until June 2003 when I had to go off work and have surgery. My first date of being off work was June 16 2003, the date of surgery. I collected for 6 months at the 2003 rate of $602 a week. When I went back to work Jan 2 2004 the insurance carrier told me they mistakenly paid me the 2003 rate when they should of paid me the 2002 rate as of the date of injury. They want about $3000 back. They said they will take it out of any settlement and are presently witholding my mile reimbursement too. Am I entiled to the $602 or was the $490 the correct pay. If I'm right at $602 can I file a complaint with a board or do I need an attorney? Thanks.:confused:

JETX

Simple answer.... you don't get more than you were entitled to and any overpayment must be paid back. Simply ask them to show you the charts for 2002 and 2003 rates and the policy for when those rates apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">