• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

re-opening settled workers comp claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faithnlve

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? vt. I was injured over a year ago. sprained shoulder/neck. took few months to recoup. never had an xray or mri done on injured area, was treated through employers medical docs with physical therapy which hurt like the dickens. I was covered under my employers workers compensation during this time. I am no longer working there. This year in April I started a new job and love it. About 3 weeks ago I just sat at my desk first thing in a.m., had worst sharp pain in arm. Thought muscle spasms. I asked one of the nurses I now work for she mentioned to call my provider after work. Got worse, went to Urgent Care, they did xray, said my humerus proximal (upper arm near shoulder) was fractured! No trauma to arm whatsoever. No tumors, nothing, just a fractured bone Tech was surprised! They did blood work, all came back good. Bone strength good. Other than being freaked out at the moment, later on it hit me it's the same arm, same pain and location of injury from a year ago. Did they error in diagnosing me with a sprained shoulder and neck when I actually had a fractured shoulder/arm. I have to have MRI done, and other tests and physical therapy once bone has healed. OR possibly now surgery. Xray did show fracture had some old healing. Any advice or thoughts to help me go in right direction with this? I am now out of work "again" ugh! :( Not sure what to do.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">