• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Really Need Some Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nateycakes

Florida

Ok. Will try & make this short but detailed. No names mentioned. I have a person who is a manager who fell from a roof on the company site. This person has suffered a broken heel and had to have surgery. The proper owners of the business said they will pay for the bills at first when they learned of the fall. However, upon going back to the Drs after surgery this person was informed that the business (company owners) called the Drs and said quote "No more bills would be covered. Only the 1 doctor appt and casting would be covered" Anything else would not & they are not accepting the bills. My question(s) lie here. Are they (Owners) not responsible for the medical bills? How can they acknowledge the accident was on the property, basically taking blame by paying for the 1 bill but now NOT paying for anything further? It isn't as if this person had an option of a cast or surgery. Surgery was a must. Now the owner's are saying they never told him to put the tarps on the roof although that is a BLATANT lie. This person was told 3 times "Put the tarps on the best you can". Now the owners are saying, well it must have been a misunderstanding in the communication. Which I believe is such a lousy effort to cover their asses! So now, what can I do? Could this be a legal issue now? How can the owners not cover this? This person is stuck with over $3,000.00 in bills & more to come & might have problems in the future as a result from the fall. Any advice? Anyone know about something of this nature? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">