• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recording DRs visits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AllieGirl

What is the name of your state? NY (Suffolk County)

I am posting for a relative. She is recently on WC and is running into so many obstacles she’s close to a breakdown. She was injured on the job (nurse over 25 years) medical file cabinets fell over on top of her causing her permanent injury. She has had surgery which causes her problems including but not limited to excessive surgical scarring and now is in a brace to support her knee. She is being given the run around at every step. Recently she had a Comp Drs exam. He told the Insurance Company she was ok to go to work. Her DR was livid told her it wasn't possible. She said the Comp DR barely examined, the DR didn't question her and his report was filled with lies. She has medical records 3 or 4 inches thick. My question is can she legally record her next visit with a comp DR? What if the DR refuses to be recorded? Is she held accountable for not being examined? One more question how can she find a really good Comp Attorney in Suffolk County NY.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
AllieGirl

Beth3

What purpose will tape recording the doctor serve? First, there may be a legitimate medical difference of opinion between the comp doctor and your relative's treating physician. That happens all the time. Secondly, even if that's not the case, the doctor is hardly going to say during the exam, "I realize you are seriously injured however I'm going to state in my report that there's nothing wrong and you can return to work."

What your relative needs to do is to contact an attorney who specializes in worker's compensation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">