• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relaitive is being sued by employee whom was being paid under the table

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mathers

I have a relaitive whom owned a small corperation,he had a guy come to him wanting a job dispatching trucks,he said had experience in the field/did not,to get to the point that guy hired one of his buddies to drive a flatbed,without owners consent,but owner ,unfortunately felt sorry for these guys and let it slide.The guy driving rig took a fall off trailer,and now the driver has filled a lawsuit against owner(buiness had no workman's comp,now i have learned both these guys(while working here) were drawing unemployment,from prior jobs (at same company)and were being paid under the table at my relaitive's small business.The dispatcher soon after accident stole drivers appilication and all records of the both of them working at his place.Any advise would be appreciated! State was N.C. accident happened in/business in S.C.

Last edited:

pattytx

How many employees total did the business have?

Where did the workers perform their job, NC or SC?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">