• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repetitive strain injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RSIJane

What is the name of your state? California

i work at a job with heavy typing and mouse clicking. about 5 months ago, i started having pain in my hand...and then up my arms. my h/r dept sent me to a local occupational clinic. the clinic restricted my work to 4 hours, sent me to physical therapy and had check ups with me every 3 weeks. the last time i saw my occupational clinic doctor, he asked me how i was and when i told him i was better than last time he saw me, he took it and ran with it. he diagnosed me as "cured" and sent me back to work. i finished the week working 8 hours and i just got back from a three day weekend. all weekend my hands, wrists, forearms, upper arms, shoulders and neck ached from work. ive spoken with my h/r dept again and she's going to send me back to the clinic. my condition is worse than it was before. i have tendinitis and the only way to get better is by resting my arms. i need more than a three day weekend to recover...this could take months. i cant think of any job i could get that wouldnt require me to use my arms...im not qualified for anything like that...not to mention i cant really think of a job like that anyway. my workplace has sent me to the clinic, made ergonomic changes to my workspace...but i think i need a break from working completely to recover.
im only 26....
is there any law that requires a company to pay for time off? i cant survive if i take unpaid time off. also, if im made unemployable by this job, is that grounds for a lawsuit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">