• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retirement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rocketman

What is the name of your state? Texas
I took an early retirement package from work at age 53 only because my HR representative said I would get my retirement at age 55. I had the required 10 years of service at age 53, however, when I submitted the paperwork to company headquarters when I turned 55 (as I was told to do by my HR), the company said I had to be 55 at the time of retirement. Do I have any recourse to get my retirement prior to age 65 which is what the company says now? At age 55 I was to receive $850.00 per month, but at age 65 I will only get $625.00. The HR person now says he didn't tell me or any of the others that we could collect at age 55. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">