• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retro pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1soria2008

You have 5 years from date work comp claim is filed to amend to add new or further injuries, right? when my claim was 1 it was amended to add my right knee. 3 years later my knee got much worse. My othopedic surgean said I would need a knee replacement. 6 mo.s later I was sent to a QME who had served as AME in my case 2 years earlier. He looked at my files, no x-rays, and said he didn't think I was any worse. I was in and out of the exam room in 5 mins. It took him 8 months to file his report. He claimed I would never need more surgery. 2 years later he was forced to eat his words. I had a total knee replacement. I was sent back to him 6 months after the surgery and in his report he stated that he had been wrong to place me as P&S. That Yes the replacement had been nessecary, and that I should have been placed back on TTD the last time he saw me. I was screwed out of $1200 per month for at least 32 months. My lawyer said hindsight is great, but work comp. does not pay retro activily. Is this true, or is he being lazy ?:mad:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I've never heard of retro payments.

And before you ask, no, I don't know why. I wasn't sitting in your state legistlative office when the rules were made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">