• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Returning to work after workers comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beckyw2858

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

I returned to work after being off for 5 months under workers compansation and surgery. My first week back I worked 46 hours. After receiving my check, they took out over $300 to cover my insurance premium while I was out. I normally get paid every other week to make my check an 80 hour week check. My net income for the 46 hours worked was on $88.00. My gross was $428.00. What it the law regarding repayment of insurance benefits after returning to work?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Outside of FMLA, the law does not directly address this situation. And FMLA specificlly and by statute gives the employer permission to charge you for the same share of your premium that you would be paying if you were working.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">