• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rob

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rubbertoe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIF I got hurt in 2006 i hurt my right arm (nerve damage) and my back S1-L5 i just had surgury and just got s.s.d fully faverable how much money am i going to get from WC

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIF I got hurt in 2006 i hurt my right arm (nerve damage) and my back S1-L5 i just had surgury and just got s.s.d fully faverable how much money am i going to get from WC
Ask your WC attorney.

canhelp

2/3 of your wages up to the max per week for upto 104 weeks while you are out of work. some permanent disability if your recovery is less then complete.

Last edited:

commentator

If you've been doing this since 2006, I'm sure you've used up those 104 weeks. Now if you have a permanent disability, you'll be given a disability rating, and the amount you will get will be based on your states' rate tables. An attorney if you don't already have one at this point will not make any difference in the amount you receive, that amount is fixed, based on your percentage of disability, but an attorney if you have one will take a portion of it. In many cases you will have the option of a lump sum or a weekly payment until it is paid out. But as to how much it will be, you'll have to remain in suspense until they tell you what it will be officially.

W

Willlyjo

If you've been doing this since 2006, I'm sure you've used up those 104 weeks. Now if you have a permanent disability, you'll be given a disability rating, and the amount you will get will be based on your states' rate tables. An attorney if you don't already have one at this point will not make any difference in the amount you receive, that amount is fixed, based on your percentage of disability, but an attorney if you have one will take a portion of it. In many cases you will have the option of a lump sum or a weekly payment until it is paid out. But as to how much it will be, you'll have to remain in suspense until they tell you what it will be officially.
Once the injured worker becomes MMI (Maximum Medical Improvement), the employer's IC must begin payment of PD (if there is a permanent injury). These weekly benefit calculations are paid out every 2 weeks until the calculated rate according to the OP's permanent injury level of severity, is paid out in full.

There is no option to recieve a lump sum payment unless the injured worker and the IC settle the matter in a way that would allow a lump sum payment, unless the OP had been MMI for a time period in which the entire PD payments should have been paid out, which would require the IC to pay the entire amount in a lump sum payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">