• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rude employer after filing workmans comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billandted

What is the name of your state? OH
I'm a plumber and got injured on the job a month ago and got stitches in my leg which got infected and and sprain shoulder which dislocated twice since the accident. My employer kept doubting my injuries and questions why I am wearing a sling. I came in the office limping and he thought I was faking it. He told me why are you limping when you just got a cut. I told him because my leg was swollen from cellulitis and it hurt. He told me I should be working and asprin and ibuprofen would take care of my leg and that the doctor shouldn't have put me on those medications (the doctor had me on 3 antibiotics and vicodin). He told me he questions the doctors order to stay off my leg and not to lift anything with my arm. We had a company meeting and the branch manager told everybody we made branch of the month for the past 3 months, but now since somebody injured themselves (obviously it was me since I'm wearing a sling) and filed a claim we won't get it next month (along with management's bonus). Well I'm back to full duty and now they changed my hours from the morning shift to the evening shift. I get paid per job and I only receive one job per day as compared to 5 or 7 jobs a day before the injury. I make about $65 a job but spend about $40 a day in gas for my service van so thats about $25 for 8 hours of work. The office manager will not talk to me, I say hi and he ignores me and keeps walking past me. I think they are mad and getting revenge because they lost their bonuses or think I'm one of those employees abusing the workmans comp insurance My family thinks I should get a lawyer, but is that going overboard?

jaquin

Well I'm back to full duty and now they changed my hours from the morning shift to the evening shift.
that is legal
I get paid per job and I only receive one job per day as compared to 5 or 7 jobs a day before the injury.
they are placing you on light duty, so you can recover quickly
I make about $65 a job but spend about $40 a day in gas for my service van so thats about $25 for 8 hours of work.
your numbers do not sound right
The office manager will not talk to me, I say hi and he ignores me and keeps walking past me.
that is legal
I think they are mad and getting revenge because they lost their bonuses or think I'm one of those employees abusing the workmans comp insurance My family thinks I should get a lawyer, but is that going overboard?

Did you ask your employer how long this situation will last? (light duty)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">