• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

salary & workmans comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cspellman

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I am a salaried employee who was hurt at work (I broke my foot in 2 places and ripped the tendon from the bone). I have been authorized by my doctor to go back to work for four hours a day. Workmans Comp will pay benefits minus they pay that I receive from my job. When I received my check I found out that my company has decided to pay my hourly for my time at work now until I am back full time. They have calculated my hourly wage by taking my salary and dividing it by 48 hours. This does not seem correct to me! First of all I thought salary was for a job done not by the hours you spend at work and if you are going to calculate that way wouldn't you use a 40 hour work week? Can anyone help?

J

jessicajager

Workman's comp benefits are figured out based on your average hourly wages and average salary. They will figure out your average gross income per month and you will get approximately 2/3 of that income for your WC benefits.

I would advise you to see another doctor as far as them saying you can still work though. Most doctors that you see about work injuries are working for the workman's comp agencies, so they want to keep on the good side of them. You should seek another doctor's opinion and see if you shouldn't be working at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">