+ Reply to Thread
    JD698 Guest

Schedule Loss of Use

What is the name of your state? New York

I was injured on the job and my doctor found a 17 1/2 percent loss of use of my right hand. The Insurance company's doctor found 22 1/2 percent loss of use of my right hand.

Where can I find the schedule that will determine the compensation I am entitled to?

Please advise.
    Jenni_Pooh2 is offline Member
    Although I donít have an exact answer, here is what happened with me. For my right hand as well, I was diagnosed with a 20% loss by one doctor and 15% by another one and work comp awarded me 9%.
    FIVEANGELS1 is offline Junior Member

Are you sure?

New York...if your attending md gives you say 20% on an slu and the carriers md sayS 10% the court would award 15% something in between is usual. Never less than the carriers consult awards. THE COURT HAS TO RELY ON WHOM MAY BE MORE CREDIBLE, REGARDING MEDICAL EVIDENCE. THESE DAYS THE CARRIER IS HARDLY REFEERING TO IME'S FOR SLU OPINIONS, AND ARE PAYING SLU AWARDS BASED ON THE ATTENDING PHYSICIANS PERCENTAGE. STATE INSURANCE FUND, IS ONE CARRIER, NEGLECTING TO SET UP IME SLU'S, THEY ARE SO BACKED UP THAT SO MUCH FALLS THROUGH THE CRACKS.
    cbg
    cbg is offline Senior Member
    This thread originated in 2003. I suspect the OP's situation has been resolved by now.
    Two things I am tired of typing: 1.) A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do; it means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. 2.) The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding contract or CBA expressly says otherwise. If it does, the terms of the contract apply.