• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Self Employed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jtussing

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington
I am an independant painting contractor. I bid a private residence ext. The bid was accepted, service was provided, Homeowner paid in full. Then Homeowner asked if Painter would/could work by the hour for an hourly rate. Painter agreed and asked Homeowner for permission to use Homeowners ladder. Homeowner gave permission and inquired if Painter had used a 12' Three leg ladder previously. Painter inspected ladder noticing it was not equipt with a leg-brace. Painter informed Homeowner that he only had experience with Three leg ladders w/brace but did'nt think that there would be any difference or problem. Painter then fell off ladder when unbraced third leg of ladder kicked out. Painter fell braking back T-12, R/forearm, ribs, fusion surgery, 52 weeks recovery. Does working by the hour for Homeowner, using Homeowners equipment entitle Painter to coverage for medical, wages, from Homeowners Policy?

HomeGuru

jtussing said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington
I am an independant painting contractor. I bid a private residence ext. The bid was accepted, service was provided, Homeowner paid in full. Then Homeowner asked if Painter would/could work by the hour for an hourly rate. Painter agreed and asked Homeowner for permission to use Homeowners ladder. Homeowner gave permission and inquired if Painter had used a 12' Three leg ladder previously. Painter inspected ladder noticing it was not equipt with a leg-brace. Painter informed Homeowner that he only had experience with Three leg ladders w/brace but did'nt think that there would be any difference or problem. Painter then fell off ladder when unbraced third leg of ladder kicked out. Painter fell braking back T-12, R/forearm, ribs, fusion surgery, 52 weeks recovery. Does working by the hour for Homeowner, using Homeowners equipment entitle Painter to coverage for medical, wages, from Homeowners Policy?
**A: define painting contractor and Painter.

J

jtussing

Painter:

Washington

Reference to Painter and Painting Contractor;
Both refer to me. I am a licensed and bonded contractor specializing in ext coatings. Further, I was working in my professional capacity in all instances. I apologize if I suggested otherwise.
My question is: Does working for labor wages ie.,(agreeing not to charge State usage tax to Homeowner), change our Professional/Client relationship into an Employer/Hired Laborer relationship for a Homeowners liability insurance claim?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">